Want to own an investment property?
With a Squirrel SMSF, you could use your super to get one. Sweet as a nut.
Your Super in bricks and mortar.
If the idea of investing in stocks and shares fills you with dread, then owning a physical asset such as a property may give your more peace of mind for your SMSF.
80% of our clients have used their superannuation to buy an investment property, either buying it individually, or pooling the funds of up to four people as part of their trust structure. Having a tangible asset that not only accrues in value, but also provides a positive cash flow stream in retirement is one of the main reasons so many people prefer to use their SMSF to buy property.
Approval in Two Days
With Squirrel SMSF, you can invest your super in Australian residential property. You can either buy the property outright or your SMSF can be setup to borrow whatever funds you need to finalise the purchase. As well as our own competitive loan function, we also have a number of other lenders that you can choose to use. We earn zero commissions, so you know you’re getting the genuine best rate on the market.
Higher rental returns are one of the reasons investing your super in Australian commercial property is such an attractive investment for savvy investors. The tax advantages, as with all SMSF investments are something to write home about too, which is why many of our customers choose to buy a commercial premises as part of their portfolio. You generally need a higher deposit than residential property, but we can help you out with a loan for the remaining balance if you need it.
Your Money, Your Choice
In a traditional superfund, you have limited choice for how your super is invested. Sure you can say what kind of investment strategy you want to pursue, but your money is at the mercy of a fund manager you’ll probably never meet. With a Squirrel SMSF, you choose where your money goes and as the Australian property market offers a lot of benefits for investors, now you can get your foot on the ladder.
Manage Your Investment
Our clever technology means that you’ll be able to track your property investment entirely within our SMSF platform. You can manage payments, rental arrangements and more.
Low Flat Rate Fee
With our flat-rate and low annual fees, no matter how much your property grows in value you will never pay more in fees to us. After the initial setup fee, we charge $110 per month and this covers everything your fund needs for audit and accounting. Find out more about our costs here.
Tree Of Support
Our team have helped thousands of customers buy and investment property with their super, so we have tons of knowledge to help you through yours.
Book a FREE Consultation
Our team of Super specialists and Squirrel advisers are on hand to help you put together an investment strategy that will build your wealth.
Benefits of Using Super To Buy Property
There’s a reason so many of our clients use their superannuation to buy property through an SMSF.
- Property is generally considered to be a safe investment, especially in Australia where real estate can double in value every 10 years in the capital cities.
- A growing population means there’s a bigger demand for rental property.
- Your SMSF will gain a passive income from your investment in property. I.e. you don’t really have to do all that much in comparison to share trading.
Responsibilities Of Investing In Property
Buying an investment property has many benefits, as well as some responsibilities and risks to consider.
- As a landlord, you will need to manage the tenants of investment property. This includes finding them, doing background checks and ensuring they pay their rent on time.
- If you put all of your super balance into a property, this reduces the diversification of your investments. Essentially you’ll have all your eggs in one basket. So you need to be sure that where you’re buying will have some capital growth, or at least provide you with a constant stream of potential tenants.
- Your property’s value could decrease if something major happens to the economy and you bought at the height of the market.