In a nutshell,
Set up A Self-Managed Superfund
With Squirrel, you are in charge of your superannuation. We’ve made the process of setting up and running an SMSF simple and affordable, so you can focus on growing your nuts for retirement.
Be in total control of your superannuation with an SMSF
Squirrel’s intuitive platform allows you to set up an SMSF and manage your superannuation yourself. With Squirrel, you take charge for how your super is invested. The risks and rewards of your investments are totally down to you.
Why Switch To An SMSF?
Invest How You Want
Whether you want to save on fees, take control of your risk strategy or invest in certain assets, there are many reasons people choose to switch to an SMSF. With the Squirrel platform you have full flexibility and support for your SMSF. We are also a helping hand in making sure your investments comply with the ATO.
Super Tax Benefits
Currently, the top marginal tax rate on your income is 45% and capital gains is 25%. However, the tax rates for your super’s income is just 15% on income, 10% on capital gains and 0% in ‘pension phase’. Investing in property with an SMSF could prove beneficial from a tax perspective – but remember there are also risks to an SMSF.
Save On Fees
Our flat-rate admin fee of $121 per month (inc GST) is one of the best SMSF rates on the market and stays the same no matter how much your super balance grows. That’s because, unlike managed funds, we don’t base our fees on a percentage of your super balance. Find out more on our setup and admin fees here.
Super Easy To Setup
Your online application takes less than 5 minutes and within a matter of weeks you can put your money to work. We make it super simple for you, as our platform and team do all the legals, audits and setup of the unique tax and trust structures for your SMSF.
Consolidate Your Super
It doesn’t matter if you have one super account or ten, Squirrel will gather them and consolidate them all together. You can view your entire balance and have everything you need within days.
Got an investment strategy in mind? You can use your super to grow your wealth for retirement and we’ll make sure your SMSF is compliant with the ATO.
Benefits of Using Super To Buy Property
There’s a reason so many of our clients use their superannuation to buy property through an SMSF.
- Property is generally considered to be a safe investment, especially in Australia where real estate can double in value every 10 years in the capital cities.
- A growing population means there’s a bigger demand for rental property.
- Your SMSF will gain a passive income from your investment in property. I.e. you don’t really have to do all that much in comparison to share trading.
Responsibilities Of Investing In Property
Buying an investment property has many benefits, as well as some responsibilities and risks to consider.
- As a landlord, you will need to manage the tenants of investment property. This includes finding them, doing background checks and ensuring they pay their rent on time.
- If you put all of your super balance into a property, this reduces the diversification of your investments. Essentially you’ll have all your eggs in one basket. So you need to be sure that where you’re buying will have some capital growth, or at least provide you with a constant stream of potential tenants.
- Your property’s value could decrease if something major happens to the economy and you bought at the height of the market.