Squirrel SMSF Costs and Services
Here’s a breakdown of the costs of a Squirrel SMSF and the service you will receive from our SMSF experts
What are the costs of a Squirrel SMSF?
Here at Squirrel, we believe in ultimate transparency. That’s why our SMSF costs are broken down into only two fees – a setup fee and a monthly admin fee. These fees are flat-rate, meaning they will not increase as your super balance increases. They are also all-inclusive, so you won’t be surprised by a hidden fee or extra cost that you didn’t expect.
Squirrel SMSF costs
The Setup Fee
When you sign up for a Squirrel SMSF, you will be charged a one-time setup fee of $3,171.05 (inc. GST). This fee covers the process of setting up your self-managed super fund, and also includes unlimited customer service to our SMSF experts. This one-time fee can be deducted from your SMSF cash account.
The Admin Fee
Our monthly admin fee of $121 (inc. GST) covers the management of your self-managed super fund and is deducted from your SMSF cash account. This flat-rate fee doesn’t increase with your super balance, and doesn’t change based on your investment type, so you can focus on your retirement strategy and not on fees.
The ATO Fee
The final cost that will be deducted from your SMSF is decided by the ATO, or the Australian Taxation Office. This is a $259 supervisory levy that the ATO charges when we lodge your SMSF tax return. It’s important to note that this fee is entirely decided and controlled by the ATO, not by Squirrel.
What Services are Included in our Setup and Admin Fees?
- Establishment and registration of SMSF Trust
- Establishment and registration of Special Purpose Corporate Trustee Company
- Establishment of SMSF governing rules
- Establishment and registration of investment strategy
- Submission of “Election to be regulated” Compliance statement
- Establishment of accounts with service providers
- Set up of Bare Trust and Bare trustee when required for the purchase of property
- Registration with Australian Tax Office
- Rollover of other superannuation funds into SMSF
- Annual compliance, administration and maintenance of SMSF
- Annual return of Special Purpose Company
- 24/7 access to Squirrel online SMSF management portal
- Business hour access to Squirrel technical experts
- Fixed fee for 1 – 4 members and any number / value of assets
Why Choose Squirrel?
The Customer Service
Here at Squirrel, we provide our clients with unlimited customer service. This means all of our Squirrel clients will have full access to our team of experts and the services they provide – regardless of your super balance. Our SMSF experts are available to help during the set up of your SMSF and whenever you need us once your SMSF is up and running. We can help with the accounting, audit and tax questions as well as the rules of what your SMSF can invest in. However, it’s important to remember that we do not offer personal financial advice.
The SMSF Platform
Our SMSF platform puts you in control of your super. As a Squirrel client, you’ll have online access to our platform 24/7 via desktop, phone and tablet. This means you can manage your super from anywhere – even on the beach! And don’t worry, our platform is 100% secure. So you can manage your SMSF without worrying about any unwanted possums or people accessing your information.
The All-Inclusive Flat-Rate Fee
Instead of charging a percentage of your super, we charge a flat-rate fee. Meaning our fees will continue to stay the same no matter what your super balance is. Not to mention our fees are all-inclusive, so all of our services are included in the fee. This way you’ll never be surprised by a hidden fee or extra cost for our service.